2017 was another record-breaking year at Gatwick Airport and the passenger numbers speak for themselves.
Read on for a snapshot of the most recent facts and figures for Gatwick’s performance over the last 12 months.
- Record 2017 – 45.6 million annual passengers – up 5.2% on 2016
- 3.2 million passengers in December 2017 – up 16% on 2016
- 67,000 passengers in a single day on 22 December
- 7.3 million people travelled long-haul in 2017 – almost 1 million more than 2016
- 63 long-haul destinations now available from Gatwick
- Busiest ever November in 2017 – 2.9 million passengers
- UK’s second largest airport
- World’s most efficient single-runway airport
- Major economic driver for the UK – Gatwick contributes £5.3 billion to national GDP and generates 85,000 jobs nationally
- 228 destinations in 74 countries – more than any other UK airport
- Biggest base for easyJet, which carries 17.4m annual passengers
- Summer 2018 – British Airways’ biggest summer schedule at Gatwick in 10 years with 15% more weekly flights than last summer
To book meet and greet parking at Gatwick Airport go to www.help-me-park.co.uk
To book park and ride parking at Gatwick Airport go to www.cophallparkinggatwick.co.uk